Friday, July 6, 2012

Ottobre 4/2011 - 5 Viviella

I planned this dress out a months ago for the bear cub at school.  She needed clothing that she could wear with a shirt underneath and a sweater over her since it was so much colder on the bus and in the classroom than at home and outside.  I ended up not making it because I was intimidated by the idea of shirring.  Since I have since mastered shirring and my backup machine is set up to do that right now, I figured I would knock this one out.

I had to bribe the bear cub to sit still so I could take pictures of her.  The fabric is a very fine corduroy that is perfect for this.  I made the 80 and original drew the pattern to be the length of a 92, but when I cut it out I cut out an extra four inches in length so that the nerdlet could wear it and the bear cub could likely get a couple of years of wear out of it.  It currently comes down halfway down her calves, but I'm okay with that.  Oddly, the nerdlet wouldn't try it on this time.

I really like this pattern and if I had any more fine cord in my stash, I'd likely make a few more in a length that is more appropriate for running around.

No comments:

Post a Comment