Wednesday, January 20, 2016

McCall's 2149 Version 12

There are going to be a few more men's shirts before I get to other clothing. 



I posted a while back about an awful experience that I had at Jo-Anns.  The shirt that I finished today was the fabric that I bought at that time.  I'm decent at improvising (and by decent, I mean that I start by panicking and throwing a small internal fit unable to think that I will be able to fix it and that it is completely ruined until I eventually get back on track) and so I pieced the back so that it look intentional.  I'm lucking that the pieced line looks about the same point that men's shirts often put the same line because in this case I didn't have much of a choice.

Q came home yesterday telling me that he got lots of compliments on his peacock shirt.  I think he's excited about this shirt and the upcoming ones because last night, he kept saying things like, "It's okay with me if you would rather sew tonight."

4 comments:

  1. Love the shirt. I keep telling myself that I need to put my selfish sewing to the side and sew something for my guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to sew for my family. I'm a non-social SAHM and so I get almost all feedback on my sewing from my husband's coworkers and my girls' teachers.

      Delete
  2. Bah. I wouldn't go back there. So rude. I hate poor customer service.That is very nice fabric though and wonderful that you managed to piece that lovely shirt from it. Lucky Q! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll never go back to that one. It's been good for the other local fabric stores and I've been purchasing a lot of fabric online since.

      Delete