Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Chicken and Spinach Manicotti with Spicy Sauce

 

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

4 cups packed spinach

8 oz cream cheese, cottage cheese, or ricotta (I used cream cheese because I had it on hand)

cloves of garlic

1 jar HEB Roasted Poblano Pasta sauce (Could us an alfredo sauce for no spice)

1 jar Tomato Basil Sauce (Classico or I make my own)

12 oz box of manicotti

8 oz mozzarella

parmesan cheese and/or pecorino romano


Boil chicken and cut into bite size pieces.  Place chicken and spinach into large frying pan and cook on medium heat until spinach is just wilted.  Add cream cheese until melted and garlic and either parmesan or pecorino romano to taste (I used 1Tbsp and 4 oz mixed).  Add jar of poblano sauce and stir until well mixed.

 

Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.  Cook manicotti and drain.  Stuff manicotti with chicken and spinach mixture and place in 9 x 13 inch baking dish. I spread any chicken and spinach mixture left on top of the manicotti.  Cover with jar of tomato basil sauce.  Sprinkle mozzarella on top and bake for 20 minutes or slightly longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment