Tuesday, November 23, 2010

waning OCD

I am thankful that I am not OCD anymore as OCD as I used to be. I am so glad that I do not feel the need to finish reading the book in the previous post. A few years ago, I actually slogged through Ulysses by James Joyce, and that is a book that I'm fairly sure no one reads anymore unless they have OCD helping them finish it. I'm grateful that during this third pregnancy my hands are not covered in scabs from over-washing. I am thankful that even though I may have the occasional breakdown from the state of our house that I can mostly let it go and spend the quality time with my girls and husband that they deserve. I'm especially grateful that I am not modeling all those behaviors I used to exhibit to the nerdlet, who I'm sure would pick them up willingly and quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment