Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ottobre 3/2012/18

My MIL has four granddaughters, my three and my niece, the drama princess.  She often picks fabrics with the intention of making them something where one or both of us turns it down.  My SIL is into a lot of pastels and I'm really not.  I often like busy and bright colors and my SIL doesn't.  It's a fairly good bet that neither of us is going to like a busy pastel print, but a lot of times my MIL will convince herself that we'll both love it.  The particular fabric that the dress I made Ottobre 3/2012/18 out of I believe predates my girls, but nothing was ever made out of it.  I got to see the fabric every time my MIL would discuss another round of clothes and every time I would just skip over it.  When I got the 3rd issue last year, I knew that I wanted to make the Little Roses pattern, but I didn't really know what I was going to make with it.  When I saw this fabric the last time we sorted through her fabric, I knew that I wanted to make the Little Roses dress out of it.



It's another seersucker print.  We buy a lot of the Tutti Fruitti fabric line.  I made the 98 which is the smallest size for the pattern.  The bear cub was not being particularly cooperative about posing for photos so I had to catch them while she was wrestling with Darth Baby and trying to ride on Q's back.  I think the print complements the nature of the design, but I also feel like the dress is missing something.  I may end up sewing some trim or something to it later, but it's fine as it is, too.  I have another version of this dress already cut out and I think I'll make the pin tucks longer than the 3 1/2 inches the pattern states for version 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment