Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Little Miss is Ours!!!!

My sister's adoption of her daughter Little Miss has been finalized. I cannot tell you how grateful I am that she will be protected from now on. When my sister actually became her mother two years ago, Little Miss did not even know the letters of the alphabet and could not communicate as well as my other niece that is 3 1/2 years younger. She has completely thrived under my sister's care and was in advanced programs this year and is reading up a storm above her grade level. I'm so proud of them both and am so glad to have the right to be able to continue to spoil her rotten regardless of what else happens in their lives.

On the same note but a slightly different topic, people that do not interfere to stop abuse of any sort are guilty of it happening. They are responsible for it happening and need to understand that a child needs to be protected from them as well as the actual perpetrators. Also, there are other kinds of abuse than the kind that ends up in a police office or criminal court, and my whole family will do everything under the sun to protect the children from all kinds of abuse, including the subtler mental abuse and neglect.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for Little Miss. What a great family you have. Give a hug and kiss to Little Miss, tell her she is the luckiest girl in the world because she has a family who love her and protect her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited for Little Miss and our family! Great news!! And I won't get started on the child abuse situation....you know my opinion!

    ReplyDelete