Friday, November 6, 2015

Underwear/Panty/Diaper Cover Update

It's been a long time since I posted here, though I think about it quite a bit.  I've still been busy with sewing and my girls.

Today I've updated the pattern for the child's underwear cover.  My bear cub has gotten taller and her legs have gotten longer and thicker, but her waist is about the same size.  I thought I would post how easy it is to update the pattern for thicker legs and also another pattern change that makes the cover fit better for an older child.

Here is the changed pattern.  The first change is that I dipped the front and raised the back.  I did each about 3/4 inch (I started with 1/2 inch, but it got bigger when I folded the pattern in half and evened it out, but it worked well in my sample).  The other change is to enlarge the leg openings about 2 inches in total circumference, which is about 1/2 inch around the sides.

The rest was made I showed in my previous posts.  I will say that the ease on this is less now than it was before since they are only used with the bear cub instead of having to fit multiple girls.  These have slightly less than 2 inches of ease and are snug over her night time diapers and pretty loose over the panties she wears during the day.  I have considered making two separate sets, but I haven't had the motivation to do it yet.


  1. Nice to have you back. Hope that things are going well with you and your family and thanks for the tutorial. Xx

    1. Thanks. I need to update a bunch of sewing projects, but I might just continue from here.