Monday, July 4, 2022

Mexican Rice with Quinoa in the Instant Pot

 So I'm only half Mexican so if you don't feel this rice is authentic, you can call it half-Mexican Rice.  I've had a hard time making my engineer happy with my rice at home and this one made her really happy so I'm recording what I did so I can repeat it since normally, I just throw it together.

Saute in the pot until soft.

    2 Tablespoons of olive oil

    1 small red onion chopped 

    1 small poblano chopped

Add 1 Tbsp garlic and turn off the heat.  Stir for a minute or so.

Add 2 cups of long grain white rice and stir for a few minutes (while the pot is still hot).

Add

    1 cup of quinoa

    4 cups of chicken stock

    1 Tbsp of cilantro lime seasoning

    1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes with liquid

    1 Tbsp of tomato paste

Steam for 7 minutes.  Quick release the pressure.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment