Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Potato Chowder in the Instant pot

 I decided to make potato soup for Ash Wednesday and I added more veggies than I normally do and it turned out so good that I've decided to write what I did here so I can duplicate it.

3 Tbsp butter

2 white onions, chopped

4 celery stalks, chopped

1 red bell pepper, chopped

3 cloves of garlic (possibly a LOT more)

1 large carrot, chopped

1 bag of radishes, chopped

1 can of corn, drained

8 cups of chopped potatoes (half yukon gold and half russet because that is what I had)

48 ounces of chicken or veggie stock

salt and pepper

16 ounces of heavy whipping cream (or whole milk)

corn starch

1 block of cream cheese

On saute, melt butter and soften the onions, celery stalk, and red bell pepper.  Add garlic for 1 minute.  add carrot, radishes, corn, potatoes, and stock.  Add pepper and salt to taste (or 2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp or so of pepper).  Steam or Manual for 10 minutes and quick release.  Turn off the instant pot.  Mix 2 tablespoons of corn starch into 1/4 cup of the cream until thickened.  Stir in all the cream and the cream cheese into hot soup. Set to saute and bring to a boil while stirring (until cream cheese is melted and dissolved.  


No comments:

Post a Comment