Saturday, November 2, 2019

Allergy shots

I am so grateful for allergy shots.  So grateful.  Growing up, I was always sick.  I constantly had sinus infections and respiratory issues.  This carried into my being an adult.  Since I have started getting allergy shots that has all changed.  I get the maximum amount of shots and the doctor said that it was very rare to have as many allergies as I do without having food allergies, so I am also super thankful for not having any food allergies.

About 3 years ago, I was encouraged to take the Bear Cub for allergy tests by the school nurse.  I figured as long as I was taking her, I would have them test me and take care of the severe reactions I had to Christmas trees and some cats.  The Bear Cub turned out to be allergy free and my whole back puffed up and turned red.  The only trees that I am not allergic to are mountain cedar and live oak, which are the two most common trees here in San Antonio, so I am thankful for that.

I am allergic to both types of dust mites and also dogs.  I have large allergenic dogs that I sleep with and I had so many allergies inside and out that having them in my house did not make a noticeable change in my reactions.  I also carried books everywhere since I started school and so I was basically carrying my dust mite allergies around with me everywhere.  So a 4th thing I am super thankful for is the Kindle.

My two newest family allergens:
Lightning


And Thunder.



No comments:

Post a Comment