Monday, November 4, 2019

Bountiful Baskets and River City Produce

I am grateful for all my options for fresh produce available.  I contribute for a conventional basket with Bountiful Baskets every other week and I actually ran our site for quite some time and am still the back up for our local site.  You contribute Monday or Tuesday (today or tomorrow for our site) and you pick up your produce on Saturday.  For less than $20, you get 12 items of produce straight from the distributor.  The people that contribute to our site are mostly regulars and it feels like a community and when a new contributor arrives, we do our best to make sure that they feel welcome, too.   They also have extras that I often choose.

Here is the most recent picture of a conventional basket that I got (I believe from a month ago).  I actually still have a number of the limes and apples, which are still good.


This is the tropical pack I got two weeks ago as an add-on. 


River City Produce is a local produce distributor, which actually used to be the provider for our local Bountiful Baskets site before they decided to try to consolidate all their sites in Texas under a single distributor, but which I still love a lot.  They have good deals and are family and locally owned and operated. 

On top of these two great choices, we are in a great gardening zone so that we have many other sources for fresh produce, including many local farms that are within decent driving distances.  On top of that, I have what my nerdlet calls pepper trees growing in my yard.  They have gotten so big as to tower over me and produce bell peppers, habaneros, and poblanos (so far).  I also have a number off citrus trees and other plants and herbs.  I feel so lucky to be living in this area and having so many options.

No comments:

Post a Comment