Thursday, March 17, 2011

McCalls M5661 2nd shot

Okay, it's not quite done. It need a button on that back and the bottom hemmed, but it's pretty close. Is the fit perfect? Not really. The sway back and the sides could have even more taken in, but other than that, it's pretty good. It looks like I have fitting wrinkles on the side, but that is really my back underneath (which I'm working on getting rid of). I know that a lot of people that have sewing blogs advocate wearing spanx under everything to reduce rolls, but they don't live in Texas or or too thin to need it. When it's 80 degrees in Winter and highs as high as 116 in the Summer with 90 percent humidity, there is absolutely no way I'm going to wear Spanx or the like.




Sorry for the bad pictures, my three-year-old had already gone to bed.

4 comments:

  1. It's looking pretty good, I think! Especially in front, which is what matters most, right? (if only because we can't see our own backs as easily)

    Good luck with that Texas weather. The heat I could almost take... The humidity absolutely drops me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks better from the side than the picture shows, too, because I have the further foot on my daughters step stool and the closer one on the lower step so that I can get a picture in the bathroom mirror. I was just in too much of a hurry to turn the step stool between pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thought you might be interested to know, I've bought this same pattern this afternoon, in Canterbury, England.
    Cant wait to start sewing, probably when I get home from work tomorrow. Was it quick and easy ?, just reading thru the instructions now, seems very straightforward.
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, it is very straightforward. I would make it at least one size smaller though than you normally would in a typical Big 4 pattern. I think I could have gone down two sizes or more with the FBA I made.

    ReplyDelete