I have this pretty swimsuit material and decided to use it because my other sports types of fabric are in the garage and it is really cold outside today.
I measured my lower arm (a) and the height of my cell phone (b) and cut a rectangle a x 2.5b (so two and a half times the height of my phone by the width of my arm). Next time I will make this slightly smaller. I didn't this time because there is 2 1/2 inch difference between my upper arm and lower arm and I was afraid of cutting off the circulation of my arm. I won't cut off much, maybe 1/2 inch because it looks like it is going to work as is pretty well. I serged down the height of the fabric.
Then I used the coverstitch machine to hem both sides. If you don't have a coverstitch machine, zigzag the hem up.
Next, I folded it over so that the inner front came up to the top of the cell phone and let the upper front fall where it landed.
Then I drew a line in white where the cell phone would fit.
I sewed in the ditch of the seam and again at that line.
I punched a hole in the top big enough for the ear piece to go in. I did it at the half way point. For the next one, I will place it over the actual hole which is nowhere near the middle.
When I was done, I decided to look up how much these things cost and they are inexpensive. I'm going to try this one out and if it works well, I'll make some more, but I might buy one for comparison, but this one seems to be super comfortable.