Monday, January 18, 2016

McCall's 2149 Version 11

Before I show you Q's newest shirt, I need to preface it with the story.  I had a number of fabrics picked out and in my online cart, some of them for Q's shirts and some of them for dresses for the girls.  I showed them to Q so that I could get the okay before I checked out so that I could be sure he would wear them before I purchased them and put all the work into the shirts.  This fabric was actually one that I had picked out for a dress for the nerdlet, but this was the one of the group that got the most approval from him, so I changed the fabric amount and purchased it.

I  actually thought that maybe I would still make a dress or two out of it, but after finishing the orange shirt I posted, this is the one that he wanted me to make next.  I'm posting it now although it still needs buttons because my sister asked to see it.  I had buttons picked out for it, but they have disappeared.  I should pick new ones later today.

I actually love it.  It is beautiful fabric and the size of the shirt is perfect to show the fabric off.  I also love that Q has the ego to pull off wearing a shirt like this, and really who else than my opinion matters, right?  Right?

Anyway, on to the shirt...

7 comments:

  1. Oh my word, that is lovely. Q has great taste in fabric. I love the peacock feather print. It has beautiful colours. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does. Before I started making him shirts, all of his shirts were solids or t-shirts. I was really surprised at the beautiful, colorful fabrics that he chooses for his shirts.

      Delete
  2. That is one lovely shirt you made, I love the fabric. Thanks for stopping by my blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've been reading your blog for a while, but I'm more of a lurker than a commenter.

      Delete
  3. That is one lovely shirt you made, I love the fabric. Thanks for stopping by my blog...

    ReplyDelete