Saturday, January 30, 2016

Ottobre 2-2007 Tshirt Combo

So on the nerdlet's peacock dress post, Mother of Reinvention asked me if I had made any adult Ottobre patterns.  I have only made panties but I have traced a number of patterns off and decided to make one of them up.  This is a combination of Ottobre 2-2007-3 and 2-2007-5, which are both tshirts with slight variations.

I hadn't intended to trace off different sections and didn't realize that I had until I had finished the t-shirt up.  This was made in a size 46.  I chose it on the basis of most of my measurements and made no adjustments, but my chest measurement is a size bigger than the pattern.  I figured that the since it was a knit t-shirt it would be fine, but I think I might be more comfortable in a 48.

The fabric was sent to me by my cousin and it is incredibly soft.  It's actually been through the wash a number of times before the t-shirt was made because my girls are constantly playing with it and at one point the nerdlet even cut a big hole in the middle of it.  It was going to be my first maxi but because of the hole the plans for it changed and a number of smaller things are being and have been made from it.  There is another dress from the pattern that I used for the peacock dress coming up, but one of the bodice pieces has disappeared.

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and I intend to make a number of other items for myself, though I may trace off larger sizes than the ones that I have waiting.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberley. You look absolutely stunning in that top. The fabric is wonderful and you suit it so well. They really do have some great knit patterns in them. I just got pattern paper for tracing some off too. Thanks for the lovely inspiration! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to use the scuba knit I bought to make the one in the current issue, but it might be a little while until I get to it.

      Delete