Saturday, April 2, 2016

Jalie 2796 and Ottobre 6-2009-19

While I have not been blogging, I have been sewing.  My plan is to post a number of them in a row, but I'm going to start with what I finished today.

First is Ottobre 6-2009-19.  This top is a size 98 in width and a 119 in length.  It is meant for the bear cub, but I'm hoping it will fit the nerdlet also.  It is made from a tutti frutti fabric that I got from my MIL.  I actually just finished sewing on the last button right before sitting at the computer to post this.


Next is a matching skirt from Jalie 2796.  The skirt is a circle skirt that I sewed between the shorts and the waist band.  


I made the skirt opening 30 inches and then stretched the shorts and waistband to match to sew so that it would still stretch.  I loved the look of the circle after I hemmed it so I took a pic.


This was just a sample to see if I like it.  My bear cub cannot use the restroom herself unless she is in a two piece outfit and so I cannot send her in dresses to school like her sister.  I've been planning outfits that coincide with all the Disney princesses and a few other Disney characters.  This particular set is going to be for a Minnie mouse set that I have already purchased a red and white polka dot fabric for.  I'm glad that I made this ahead of time because I want to make so changes, but for the most part, I really like how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment