Saturday, April 2, 2016

Craftsy t-shirt class

After reading Sham's (I type that like I know her and she even has a clue who I am) suggestion on her blog to take the artistic t-shirt craftsy course, I signed up for both that class and the basic t-shirt class. I don't really have any formal or informal sewing training and so I didn't feel comfortable jumping into a class without taking the basic course first.  This turned out to be a mistake as I learned very little and most of that was which advice not to take.


I do love the t-shirt that I ended up making even though it looks nothing like the shirt that they make in the class.  I haven't started the artistic t-shirt class though I received the pattern a while back and even picked out fabrics to make it with.  I'm going to be focusing on the bear club outfits first.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberley, that is a great shirt and you look lovely in it. I really like the sleeve heads (that is a sentence I never thought I would say :)). Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was soooo not happy with those sleeve heads when I decided not to toss the shirt and work the extra space in, but once the shirt was finished, I decided that I liked it after all. I probably won't be making any more like this one, but this one will get worn - though here it has already started having highs in the 90s F (32+ Celsius) so not until next year.

      Delete