Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Day 6 of Thanks

I'm grateful for electronic books, specifically ones on the Kindle.  I'm grateful that I can download them from the library.  I'm grateful for wowbrary.com which allows me to quickly find reading material available from the library that I might want to read.  Having three very active girls, of which two have special needs, means that my reading time is cut short a lot if I have to actually go to the library or book store to acquire books and return them.  Also, almost 3 years ago after some allergy tests, we found that I'm allergic to almost everything including both types of dust mites, which means I was actually often reacting to the paper books that I always had on me.  The shots I have been taking have helped, but so has knowing what to avoid and having a paper book alternative is perfect for me.

I'm also grateful for libraries that do not require me to be local but still allow me to check out electronic books (like the McAllen library).

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of wowbrary--can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great. They send you an email once a week, listing all the purchases being made by the library system, sorted by type and which a blurb about each. You can choose to see all, just electronic, or all non-electronic. It also allows you to get on the waiting list for a book or movie before it is even released. It also has links to goodreads and amazon so you can find ratings and other info.

      Delete