Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, P!!!

August 4th is P's birthday. I made a list of 10 major reasons that I love him.

10. I love that you don’t take me for granted. I love that you appreciate the fact that I am direct and straightforward enough to brag that I don’t play those subtlety games and expect you to guess what I want and that you appreciate that I don’t nag and try to actually do the things I ask for. I love that you recognize that we are individuals and what I bring with me good and bad.

9. You lost the picture of me in the belly dancing outfit (and to the best of my knowledge never showed it to anyone). You always try to be considerate of my feelings and even when I'm a major pain, make sure not to intentionally embarrass me.

8. You’ve kept your word about doing the dishes for the rest of our lives. I know that has to be one of the harder things to deal with, especially during the pregnancy phase when I go through so many.

7. You put up with my split second decision making. I love that even though it often makes you uncomfortable, you go with my quick decisions, like when I decided to buy a used mini-van while you are at work and made you drive with me to the dealership to purchase it when you got home.

6. You understand when you come home and the entire house is a disaster, there is no food prepared, the dogs are hiding under the desk in the studio, and I pass the girls to you to go upstairs and pass out.

5. You let me keep my sewing machine, serger, and my latest projects on the work island in the kitchen, even though my studio is only 20 feet away. I love that you prefer it there to out of the way so that you can spend time with me while I craft.

4. You are the least selfish person that I know. You are willing to give up your time, money, and energy to those that need them. I love that it doesn’t phase you for me to talk about anything from adopting more children with special needs to working on houses for Habitat for Humanity in the middle of August.

3. You are so confident in secure with yourself. I love that it doesn’t bother you to be the nerd and enjoy the things you enjoy without worrying about what other people think. I love that you will dance to dance and will dance with me wherever we happen to be without being self conscious about it.

2. You are silly and enjoy kids movies. I love that we ditched the girls with my mom and went to see “Despicable Me”. I love that you will dance around doing the Hot Dog dance for Katie Bug at the end of an episode of “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse”. I may not always appreciate the depth of your silliness, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

1. I may have taken a long time to figure it out, but you are so obviously the perfect man for me. You are the best husband. Even when you are really, really tired, you almost always turn down the opportunity to take a nap in order to let me get more sleep. I love how comfortable I am in your arms. I love the way you make me feel. I can’t imagine my life without you and am so glad that I don’t have to.

Thank you for everything and happy birthday!

1 comment:

  1. I need to see P doing this hot dog dance..lol ~rjb

    ReplyDelete