Tuesday, January 11, 2011

More Cupcakes

In order to understand the days of the week and not just have them memorized, I have read that it is good to have a schedule where you do a specific thing on specific days of the week so that the days are differentiated to the child. This makes a lot of sense to me so I decided to make Mondays a baking day, which until the nerdlet gets bored with it will be cupcakes. I really like not heating up the whole house to make them, too. I only wish I could trust the bear cub not to plummet off of a counter or stool so that she could participate some, too. She doesn't like to be confined to sit in her feeding chair so she ends up crawling around under my feet so far.

We did another mix for this time. I choose mixes that don't have trans fats or high fructose corn syrup. Since the nerdlet's favorite cake is carrot cake, I chose a carrot cake mix. The box makes 20-24 regular muffins and we made 36 mini muffins.












The frosting was a mix of cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, and vanilla. Neither of the girls seemed to really care for the cupcakes much. They ate them, but the nerdlet didn't make the sounds of enjoyment she makes for most food and the bear cub would eat it if I fed it to her but showed no interest otherwise. They really tasted more like gingerbread than carrot cake and although tasty not really what we were looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment