Here is the finished McCall's 2149 and while it isn't perfect, I'm so very happy with it.
I actually used pins while making this shirt, which is something that I rarely do. There is no puckering anywhere. While there are still a few wrinkles, I don't think it is appropriate to add seams in a man's shirts, though I do think I'll look for other designs during the upcoming pattern sales.
I'm even going to post a few pictures of the inside, even though I don't normally do that because I used a technique that I've seen on a few blogs that I found to be very nice. That technique is basically sewing the interfacing to the facing piece before flipping it to the wrong side and attaching it, which gives it a very nice edge on the inside.
In this last picture I'm flipping the facing piece up so that you can see the edge of the interfacing that is attached.
I really like it and I think Q does too. I have a version planned in a knit fabric for him, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it as I have quite a large list of things I want to get done first.