Saturday, March 30, 2013

McCall's 2149 The Star Wars Version

In my last post, I said that would be the last man's shirt that I would make for a while, but I was clearly wrong.  I went shopping for patterns because of the pattern sales and whenever my MIL and I hit Hancock's and Jo-Ann's we always go to the Creative Sewing Center to look at quilting fabrics, too.  While there I found this Star Wars fabric (by Eugene Textiles) that was screaming to be made into a shirt for Q and so I left with some - what was left on the bolt was almost exactly what I needed for the shirt.  So I ended up coming home and cutting this one and three others at the same time.  I currently have the collars and facing for the other three versions done, so I'll have at least one more post on this pattern when I finish them.  There is a Star Wars fabric that is the blueprints for the Death Star and the Millenium Falcon that I'd also love to get my hands on that would result in my making another shirt.  I also bought three more shirt patterns for men, but I don't feel the need to try them out right away.  This pattern is ideal for fabrics like this since you don't have extra seams taking away from the artwork.

Here is the shirt:

I did have a small issue with the buttons that I chose, because they are rounded at the top and the sewing machine foot kept pushing them out.  I had to use my finger to hold them onto the foot while it sewed them on.

I had a hard time picking out buttons for the shirts because I wasn't sure what was standard as I haven't really paid much attention to the buttons on men's shirts and I was afraid of picking something that would look off.  I like the ones I chose, but I just know that I'm going to be examining the buttons on shirts now - like I don't have enough quirks already.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.