Wednesday, February 26, 2014

McCall's 6875 - Versions 3 and 4

It's been a while.  I've been coughing to the point where I had a hard time accomplishing anything.  I didn't have any other symptoms though so I have been ignoring it for much longer than the two weeks a virus should have cleared my system.  This past week it was much worse so I finally dragged myself in and I got a slew of drugs and am not feeling much better.

I mentioned before that I had a number of these dresses cut out and ready to sew.  The third version has actually been finished a while - probably since the day after I talked about it.  I have pictures of both the nerdlet and Darth Monkey in it.

It's much shorter on the nerdlet but it fits them both fairly well.  Like versions 1 and 2, this one and version 4 are both straight size 4s.

Version 4 was a little harder. It used to be that no matter what dress I was planning to make a yard was plenty, so I have quite a few yard cuts that haven't been made into dresses.  So version four has a different fabric for lining, some piecing on the front bodice and the skirt isn't cut as full as the pattern dictates.

Both sides have this extra piece on the sides. 

You can also see where I decided to just serge the bottom of the bodice lining and sew in on instead of turning it under and slip stitching it.

 The front ribbon does lie on the body when the girls are wearing the dresses, but it always looks loose when not on the body.

 And the back.

I have two others half done and one other started, but I'm not sure if I'll have time in the near future to finish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment