Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Day 14 of Thanks

Growing up, one of my favorite things in our house was an Encyclopedia set which I referred to often.  I remember hearing 'Look it up' from my mom starting as early as 2nd grade, and I did.  I looked everything up.  Now I still look everything up and it is so much easier with google and wikipedia.  I only relatively recently acquired a smart phone and I resisted it, but I'm glad I have one now and I use it most to look things up. 

In addition to being grateful for my walking encyclopedia, I am also grateful for the wealth of easy, free information and education.  I love that Khan academy is out there and that there are so many college courses available for free online.  I love that there are youtube and blog tutorials to walk you through almost anything, and I watch many for things even that I will likely never attempt.  I'm so grateful that there are so many experts out there that are willing to take their time to explain things.  I have learned so much outside of school and I love that I can continue to do this with no end in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment