Sunday, November 4, 2018

Day 4 of Thanks

First amazingly there was a brand spanking new playground at the park yesterday for the Nerdlet's party.  The playground was bigger and had more activities than the previous one and has a canopy and they added swings.  It was kind of amazing and I couldn't help but comment multiple times on how they put it up so fast.

Today I am also thankful that the Catholic church that I attend has a great program for people with special needs.  We are working on the Bear Cub and Darth Monkey doing both Reconciliation and First Communion together this year and in anticipation of that I enrolled the Bear Cub in the Special Needs class and had her repeat the 2nd grade class with her sister.  Normally I sit outside during the Special Needs class because I don't want to distract my daughter or the other children, but today she was the only one present so I decided to stay and go through the class with her.  I'm very impressed with how they go over the mass and other aspects of faith and even cover the current mass and prayers.  I was so pleased with what I saw and am even more confident that the Bear Cub will be completely ready for these sacraments.  I have heard some really bad stories about children with special needs not being welcomed in their respective churches (Catholic and other) and I am blessed that this is not the case with ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment