Friday, November 2, 2018

Day 2 of Thanks

When people are asked what color they think I am, they say 'Orange' or 'fuchsia'.  I've always felt a little put off because they are considered loud, obnoxious colors that are grating.  I've been watching my nerdlet at school as she is a member of the school's safety patrol and I can definitely see that she is a bright different color that stands out like orange or fuchsia.  Not everyone may like the color but flowers in those colors add so much to a field of green.

One of the things that I am particularly grateful for are the special kids in the nerdlet's grade that accept and/or welcome her difference.  I know that now that she is in fifth grade, the girls are starting to get mean and form cliques and I have seen some of that for a few years now, but there are some girls that fit in and some that don't that are always nice and friendly to my nerdlet and I am so grateful that they are.

Here is a recent pic, one month before she turns 11 in a dress I think we made in size 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment