Q took the girls to visit my mom so that I could work on my broken lone star quilt but as I have to wait to buy the background and backing tomorrow, I had some time to work on some Ottobre patterns I had planned.
The first is Ottobre 01/2004-25, Funny Faces, which I made to be a little bumblebee dress. This was the first time that I worked with ruffled knit fabric. Working with the ruffled knit, rayon knit, and clear elastic turned out to be a bit much for me so I ditched the clear elastic.
The other Ottobre pattern that I finished is Ottobre 01/2014-28, Neon Stripes. I used a favorite knit of the nerdlet. This is a straight size 110 which is the smallest size of the pattern.
And because I'm not quite off the quilting idea, this is another broken lone star quilt that I'm planning.
The top seven would be the diamonds in the star with my replacing the solid yellow with a tone on tone yellow batik and the black on the bottom would be the background. I'm going to see if I can find an orange I like better to replace the third fabric from the left, too, but I'm okay with using that one, if nothing suits me better.