Friday, January 8, 2010

The Lottery by Patrica Wood

Dave Hingsburger (http://davehingsburger.blogspot.com/) is an activist for people with disabilities (and other variations from completely average or less than 1σ). I've read through his entire blog and although I don't always agree with what he has to say, I do think that he is a wonderful advocate and I greatly appreciate having spent the time to read his words. I've actually linked to his blog in various places many times. He is having an online book club on January 25 with the book The Lottery by Patricia Wood. The basic premise of the book is that a young man with a mental disability wins 12 million in the lottery. I just finished reading it and I think that despite some minor flaws it was well worth reading. I'll post more on the 25th (assuming I remember).

No comments:

Post a Comment