Sunday, February 13, 2011

UT Quilt

My mom came to visit us this weekend so that Q and I could celebrate Valentine's Day early. We saw Tangled and then ate at Red Robins (Q is a huge burger fan). It was really cute but I'm glad I didn't take the nerdlet to see it in the theater because there is a scene in there that seemed written specifically to freak her out, and we would have had to leave if she saw it on the big screen. It's better for her to experience it on a smaller scale, I think.

I also got to catch up a little on some sleep and finished the top for my sister's 2010 Christmas gift, a UT quilt. I've had the main part done for a little while, but I didn't like the fabric that I bought for the border so I waited until I found one I liked and finally got to sew it on last night. I'm much happier with it now and it will go on the quilting machine once I've had an opportunity to finish a quilt of my grandmother-in-law.

Here's the quilt with the nerdlet in front of it. She requested to be in the picture. She loves the Longhorns and has been trying to claim this quilt since I first pulled out the material.

My plan now is to sew myself a few tops and make some pattern weights out of glass since I'm currently using cans of food or various other items in the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment!
    This quilt is beautiful! You've done a lovely job and I know how much work quilts can be...

    ReplyDelete