Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dreams

For as long as I can remember, I have been able to remember multiple dreams a night.  My dreams are almost always wild and different, and I am very prone to having nightmares, but I am grateful for them anyway.  I feel like the ability to remember my dreams and actually influence them is a wonderful gift.  I have my own unique symbols in my dreams that I recognize and say a lot about my subconscious feelings about people, like my ex-step-mother always shows up in my dreams when I am particularly frustrated with someone's stupidity in my life, as one example.  I have written term papers (and not just ones in English) in my dreams.  I have solved work problems, written poems, and come up with all kinds of ideas.  When I did Nanowrimo a few years ago, I would work through scenes in my dreams and it made the writing of them much easier when I came to it.  I really do feel fortunate that I have so many vivid dreams and that I get to remember them so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment