Sunday, July 14, 2013


This is another unidentified pattern, but at least it's a different one.  You won't see it in the previous picture of the UFO pile because it wasn't there.  When I went to my MIL's to get zippers for the first pile, there were a number of items that were added to the pile, this being the one one top.

The outside fabric is really nice.  It's one of those fabrics that looks different depending on what color fabric you place underneath it, but this feature isn't really showing in this dress because it is lined in white.  I'm actually not that happy with this one.  There are a number of unfinished seams and the invisible zipper isn't put in the way I like because in order to finish the seams and put the zipper in the way I would like would have required for me to take a significant amount of the dress apart.  My suspicion is that my MIL was using this as a sample for fit and lining and it wasn't really meant to be finished, but I went ahead and finished it anyway.  It's a functional dress and most of the unfinished seams are between the layers so aren't too big a deal.  The weakest part of the dress is the sleeves as they have only about 1/8 of an inch seam so I'm not sure how it will hold up under the large number of washes that all the girls' clothing undergoes.

I actually finished this on Tuesday, but I didn't have time to post it.  I've also finished the second draft of my skirt block, but haven't an opportunity to turn it into a skirt yet, though I will try to do that soon.  I also finally got my new Ottobre magazine and have already traced a few patterns off.

My life has taken an extreme turn to being so much more busy than before.  I have acquired another child to care for during the weekdays and together we are working very hard to cover over three years of material before she enters 7th grade in six weeks, so I'm not sure that I'll get much sewing done before September, though we are getting into a good study rhythm so I'm hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment