Monday, June 13, 2011

Making Bibs

I decided to make my own bib pattern. Darth Baby has pretty bad reflux and we go through a stack of bibs for her each day. On top of that, she has taken to leaning over her bib to spit up so that she gets everything past the end of a normal length bib dirty. The bear cub is still teething so often she'll soak a bib, too. So I was in need of a new design.

First I tried this free bib pattern. It definitely covers a lot, but it is big even on the nerdlet. Also, it takes a full hand towel, which I don't really want to waste on a single bib. Here was the result.

Next, I tried this free bib pattern, which was much smaller and covered most everything except the sleeve area. I used one of the newborn cloth diapers I had to make it. The bear cub did not seem to think this one was comfortable and complained until I took it off of her.

So I decided to make my own. I wanted one that I could use the wash cloths for that you can get a stack of new ones fairly cheap (I think you can get a stack of 20 for around $5.00). I also wanted one with sleeves so when Darth Baby leaned over like she does before spitting up, it would still catch most of it. This is what I came up with. I think I'll applique a heart in the pink from the sleeves on it later. All of my models are napping right now.

And if you're interested a quick picture tutorial of what I did.

If anyone is interested in the pattern or a more thorough tutorial, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment