Saturday, June 4, 2011

My First Embroidery Applique

I did my first embroidery applique. I bought my sewing/embroidery machine as my graduation from college present about a decade ago. I used this machine like mad, but never used the applique abilities. It just never appealed to me. I've been reading Cole's Corner and Creations blog and she has completely inspired me by the beautiful appliqued projects she makes for the little ones in her life.

I started with a dress that my MIL just made for the nerdlet which she stained on her second or third wearing (in the first two weeks).

Then I downloaded a freebie from GG Designs Embroidery.

I love how it came out and now want to applique on everything in the girls' closet.

In other news, I went garage sale shopping today. I found this really cool website that allows you to plot a number of different garage sales and it will print out the directions to each from one to the next. It lets you choose from about 50 cities, and since Austin and San Antonio are choices, I think I'll be using it again. I don't go very often, but when I do, I think this will make it less hit and miss. We also hit ones that weren't on my list that we found on the way.

My mom and I had a blast, though we didn't buy much. I did find a mini trampoline with a bar that will be great for Chloe's therapy in learning how to jump, which I read about in one of the book on Ds I read (I think one of the Woodbine ones, but I'm not positive). My mom said I was wrong because I bargained $10 off of it, but my original intention wasn't to bargain but to explain why I wasn't going to buy it. I feel a little guilty but have been rationalizing by saying they didn't have to come down off the price. It's in great condition and they claimed it had never been used.

No comments:

Post a Comment