Saturday, June 16, 2012

Burda 06-2011-111 Last Take for now

Four pairs of shorts made today, three of which will definitely get heavy rotation.  The last may get use if I'm out of laundry or lose some weight.
Take 4 has larger darts and a dipped front and ended up too small.  I love the fabric, but there is no stretch and so slightly uncomfortable for now.

Take 5 is back to being a straight size 48 that has been lengthened.  Very comfortable and will get heavy wear.

Take 6 has a dipped front.  Snug and comfy, though my mother might make comments about it being too fitted.  The fabric is a very thin stretch denim that is this blue on one side and the tan below on the other.  I'm not sure which is the right and wrong side, but I liked both.  I got it off the discount table at Hancock's.

Take 7 also has a dipped front and is from the same fabric as above.  I made the waistband from the other side, but I'm sort of glad that no one will see it since I'm not sure I like it as much as I thought I would when I did it.  These last two pairs went much faster since I decided to skip the pockets after all, weighing the need for shorts over the need for pockets.

Tomorrow, I work on a pattern for a larger size bib of this version for my cousin's granddaughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment