Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sewing Withdrawal

I put my sewing machine and equipment upstairs to prepare for Darth Baby's baptism gathering. I left it up there until after a party I'm planning for the parents of children with Down syndrome that will be in San Antonio for the National Down Syndrome Congress convention being held in Early August. So I was going through sewing withdrawal pretty bad anyway when I got the new Burda magazine (08/2011). I've already read a couple of reviews bashing it and I have to say that I must be in the minority because I really like it.









I like both the jacket and the skirt in this picture. Since I have to add 2 1/2 inches for the FBA anyway, it might divide it into two darts.

I really like this skirt. I don't know how it would look on my figure, but I think I'd like to find out.

I'd like to try this dress also. It reminds me of a Vogue pattern that everyone and their dog seems to be making. The skirt is kind of growing on me, too.

Everyone seems to be making fun of this dress (everyone being two so far, but I'm sure the list is growing), but I love it. I wouldn't make it in pink though. Luckily, my cousin has supplied me with a bunch of knits to choose from.

Okay, these pants are clearly ridiculous. I wonder if my mom would like them (just kidding, Mom).

These shorts were designed for me. Yes, I know that they are probably designed only for me, but it is likely that they will make it on to my sewing pile, especially since warmish shorts are perfect for Texas in late autumn and winter.

And the last image that caught my fancy. I really like the top. The pants are kind of eh, but I'm wondering if I might like them more if they weren't pink. There is a lot of fabric around the hips, which I imagine wouldn't be flattering anyway.

I'll leave you with a pic of the preview page for next month. Now this gives me a lot to laugh at and wonder about.

1 comment:

  1. I think others think this issue are repeating most patterns from last year's autumn. At least I think so.

    ReplyDelete