Saturday, December 10, 2011

2nd Sewcation 2011

I'm having another sewcation. Q took the girls yesterday evening to visit my mom's with the instructions to not return until tomorrow evening. I spend last night and this morning cleaning.

And the rest of the day I was completely immersed in finishing the Christmas present for my BIL (my younger sister's husband). Each year I try to spend a lot of time and energy for one big gift and this year was his turn. I only finished the top and won't quilt it until it stop raining because we have a lot of power outages and I don't want to risk plugging in the quilting machine. Here are two views of it unquilted.



I was skeptical that I chose the wrong borders as I was putting it together but I'm pretty pleased with it. My sister said he prefers scrappy quilts and that really isn't my thing, but I gave it a shot. I'm planning on quilting it with red thread as soon as the rain lets up and hopefully I can get it shipped so it doesn't arrive too long after Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment