Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bear Cub's sick

So the bear has caught it. It was sort of inevitable. P and I were feeling it a little bit so separating the girls didn't really help much. The nerdlet hasn't had a fever in a few days, but she is still a cranky little thing. Bear is in a relatively good mood, but her fever was 101.1. I gave her some Tylenol and have been wiping her down with wet towels. It's painful to listen to her breathe. You can hear the mucus in her system. I wish we could suck the mucus out of her esophagus in addition to her nose.

I met with a few ladies from the Down Syndrome Association of San Antonio about helping with the Outreach program today.
San Antonio has experience a large number of influx of babies with Ds lately. I'm really excited about it. I'm willing to help with whatever and P told me that he was willing to watch the girls even though any thing I do is likely to cut into his time. I'm also going to look for good small toys and books that would be good to include in newcomer bags, so any suggestions would be great. Whenever I have more time, I'd love to teach classes in sewing and quilting to teens and adults with Ds. That's probably years away considering the needs of my girls right now though.

We went to a new glass store to buy more glass. I write new but apparently they have been in business over 50 years. I loved the glass selection at this store. It was so cool. I likely won't go back there though. The prices were just a little unreasonable and I wouldn't have bought anything if it hadn't been so close to Christmas, and I hadn't had my heart set on making my sister a glass plate. It takes about a day to a day and a half to get everything in the kiln, set it to fuse and cool completely off. Then it takes the same amount of time to go through the slump cycle. If the item needs some work in between, there is extra time for that, and of course, the fact that I don't want to pull out and work on any glass when the nerdlet is up or anywhere around pushes the whole time line out. Most of the time, I love to show her whatever I'm doing and explain it as I go, but I'm afraid if she sees where I keep the glass and glass supplies, she'll head for them the first time I go to the bathroom or sleep longer than her.


No comments:

Post a Comment