Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Feeling creative



Here are two pictures of the most recent glass plate. I am so happy with this one. I have it's twin waiting for the kiln right now and the twin should be even better because only one side had any flaws and I've trimmed that side. I put the white paper under the plate so you could see the blue on the clear glass because it didn't really show that well on the grain of the table. I trimmed my red plate and now have 6 1/2 inch by 1/2 long heavy pieces of glass that I don't know what to do with. I'd love any suggestions. I say they're heavy, but really they only weigh an ounce or two.

I've been fairly creative in the last month. I've made myself two skirts, the therapists all bags (five of them), a number of glass items, and am still working on my BIL's deer quilt. It's really given me a lot of my spirit back that worrying over the surgery had taken. If you had asked me what I wanted more time to do since I had the girls, I would have answered reading without hesitation, but I'm coming to realized that what I need more time to do is spent time creating more than fingerpaintings and playdough sculptures. I'm going to make my New Year's resolution now (or at least one) and that is to make sure that I do allow some time each week to work on something creative (other than customer quilts).

1 comment: