Sunday, November 7, 2010

Feminine Wiles

Yeah, I don't actually have any feminine wiles, but today I am thankful for being female. I'm not very traditionally feminine. I like computers and science and I am more than proficient with them. I can be very aggressive and intimidating. I walk quickly and not with a lot of grace. I'm more analytical than sensitive and less socially perceptive than most women. Yet, there are definite ways that I enjoy being a woman.

I'm most especially grateful that I get to be the mother. I'm thankful that I get to be the one that feels the babies moving inside. I like being able to wear skirts and dresses and soft satiny things and still be able to wear more masculine clothes without there being a stigma. I don't often wear make-up, high heels, or jewelry, but I love that I have the option. I like having soft skin despite not using products to help (though Q and I have a theory about that maybe being from the crazy and not from the being female). I like being able to multitask well (I know a lot of men are good at this, but on average women are better). I like that I can smile at almost anyone and be met with another smile and not fear or anxiety.

Also, it is particularly nice to be a woman in this time period, when we are not powerless and can make choices to be all or none of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment