Saturday, November 5, 2011

Digital Cameras

I'm grateful today for living in an age of digital cameras. My parents bought me my first camera for my 10th birthday. It was a Kodak Instamatic. It would have been great except for almost immediately, Kodak lost the lawsuit with Polaroid and I could no longer use it. It took close to four years before they issued the credit for the new replacement camera which did not even cover the cost of the camera and I had bought a cheapo camera in the meantime. Even with close to three decades of practice, I'm still a fairly lousy picture taker. I take pictures of my girls almost daily (though I've gotten kind of lazy about posting them for the relatives daily) and I usually take a bunch and I still often have to settle for pictures that are less than perfect. I have a very nice camera that my mother bought me that makes a huge difference in the pictures and it is great to be able to have a semi-preview of what the picture is going to look like. I also love that I can go back and see almost a daily progression of how my kids are growing. I wonder if my grandkids will sift through my photos they way that I cherish each of those I come across that were my grandparents.

1 comment:

  1. I am also sooooo grateful for digital cameras!! I'm a little sad it didn't exist when I was a kid, though. Could have had a lot more pics, but my father was a photographer so I was a little luckier than some to have been a pretty constant subject.

    ReplyDelete