Sunday, November 20, 2011

Quilt Pixilation Tutorial

I bought a game today call Ji Ga Zo, for the reason that it breaks down a picture into various color blocks (that are graded) so that you can then put them together to make a picture. It was being clearanced and I bought it to turn it into a quilting program. My idea doesn't look like it is going to work well, though, because the picture will end up being 20 x 20 pixels, which for most pictures will not have enough clarity to be recognizable. However, I do think that I have a solution to that, too.

I'm going to demonstrate with a picture of the nerdlet after she cut her hair two days ago.

Then I used MS Office Picture manager to crop it so that there were much fewer details for my image to contain.

Next I used MS Office Picture manager to take out all the saturation. This is done by going back into edit picture and choosing color; then just slide the saturation bar toward zero.

Then I went back into edit picture and chose resize and resized it to 50 x 50.

Here is a photo of this enlarged (since I couldn't find a way that it showed the pixels otherwise).

Then to see the different pixels, I opened the new picture in MS Paint and zoomed in large enough to see it. I'm currently having Q look for a way for to order the pixels in some way so as to assist with the fabric purchases, but worst case scenario, this is definitely something that you can match to.

No comments:

Post a Comment