Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The New Roof

Here is what the roof looked like when we discovered the hole in it.


And here is the new roof.

I can't wait to see what it looks like when the solar panels go up, hopefully next week.

I was going to make this today. I pulled out the quilting cotton that I used for my sister's quilt last year, but it turned out to be too thin. My husband has the perfect fabric for this in one of his few long sleeve shirts, but I doubt he'll donate it to my project. If I can find the time tomorrow, I'm planning on trying it again. My friend on facebook is doing a craft a day until Christmas and I'm going to do my best to follow along (at least the good ones).

Today was a very good day. I'm feeling grateful for so many things, particularly my wonderful family. I'm so very blessed. I'm especially grateful today for the DSASA (Down Syndrome Association of San Antonio). We have Kindermusik on Tuesdays for about half the months of the year, which is wonderful for all my girls and also for the mothers of the kids, too. The teacher of the class is a very patient woman (with the kids and the parents) and we had our last class of this year today. I know my girls will miss going until the classes resume next year and I'm so thankful for having the opportunity to go to these sessions.

1 comment:

  1. Your roof looks amazing! It made the whole house somewhat brighter. It’s a great idea to put solar panels on your roof. Now, you can have a limitless source of energy, and at the same time, you are helping the environment by reducing the carbon footprint of your home. Great job!

    ReplyDelete