Sunday, April 7, 2013

McCall's 5295 and 6563

I fell in love with this orange and yellow batik cotton gauze fabric.  I didn't buy it the first time I saw it, but I couldn't pass it up when I saw it on sale.  I bought what was left on the bolt which was just under 5 yards and wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I knew I wanted a flowy skirt and I was thinking a top with a cowl.  I ended up choosing M 5295 view B with no sash and M 6563.


For the top I made a 2 1/2 inch FBA for a large top, but it ended up being very large and I ended up taking out 6 inches under the bust from the sides.  When I make this again, I will take all six inches out of the front and maybe another inch or two out of the back.  I will also correct for my straight shoulders, which I normally do, but I neglected to do here.  I also didn't cut the pattern on the bias but on grain.

It isn't the most flattering around the waist, especially from the side, but I really love it and will probably wear it to shreds.  I'm thinking that I really need more gauze clothing.  The nerdlet took the pictures and she was in a hurry to watch her daddy pet battle on WoW so I couldn't get her to take more.

I definitely don't have enough orange clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment