Monday, November 19, 2012

The Bear Cub's Teacher

Those that know me in real life know that I have a *few* grudges against doctors and teachers.  I've had a lot of bad experiences with them both and very few good ones.  My MIL is always telling me that I need to give them the benefit of the doubt and that there are more good ones than bad ones and that my experiences were not indicative of what is out there.  While I try to give individual teachers a chance, it is harder for me than most, I think.

I am, however, incredibly grateful for the bear cub's current teacher.  She is wonderful and I can only hope that the bear cub gets her next year, too (the bear cub will have preschool until she turns five so she has another year after this one).  This teacher majored in deaf communication and signs with the bear cub and the rest of the class.  She has kept the bear cub on her potty training schedule and we have had fairly few accidents while she is at school.  She is extremely communicative with me and shows genuine concern about what is going on at home and letting me know not only what they are doing at school but also what the bear cub is interested and how she is interacting with her classmates and teachers.  I'm so pleased that she has such a wonderful educator this year.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like bear has a good teacher this year :) hopefully she will have her again next year.

    ReplyDelete