Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Daisy Flower Foot

For someone that spends so much time sewing, I don't really have a lot of feet.  When I got the recent Singer heavy duty machines, I was really glad to see that the feet were compatible with my Brother.

The new sewing machine came with this foot.

I was pretty excited about this foot and I finally got to try it out today.
It's really kind of neat to use and I really wish I had tried a variegated thread that didn't have the same color as my background fabric.  The only thing is that I was expecting these flower like rings to be much larger.  All the photos I've seen look like this were they look pretty big.

Actually, this square is 5 1/2 inches square and so those flowers max out at about an inch.  Here is a view that gives you a better idea.

Despite my initial disappointment, I see a lot of potential to play with this and I'm thinking that a random set of flowers like this would look cool on the back pocket of a pair of jeans or denim shorts.  I'm also thinking of making the bear cub some small purses with some of these on them.  She also has a doll coming (I'll post about that when the doll arrives) and I think it would be good decorative stitching for the doll clothes.

The interesting thing about the foot is that while it came with the Singer, it fits and works much better on my Brother.  The foot lifts higher and allows me to put the fabric in easier.  One note I will give if you decide to get this foot is to make sure that you put the correct bobbin color and that it is full enough before you do the work to swap out the shank.

The link above is for a foot that fits all low shank Singers, Brothers, Babylock, Euro-Pro, Janome, Kenmore, White, Juki, New Home, Simplicity, and Elna.  Currently the only decorative feet for my regular sewing machines that I have are a ruffler foot and this one, but I'm thinking that it might be time for me to start picking up some of the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment