Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tiramisu - Version 2

I would like to introduce you to my new favorite dress.
Sorry about the poor pictures.  I stayed up way past my bedtime to finish this dress and so I didn't have anyone to take the pictures and I'm too tired to try again.  It was so worth it though.  I think I'm going to live in this dress.

I used an ITY knit and I changed the bindings to stretch velvet FOE.  I changed the bodice from 35DDD to a 40DD and the midriff band to 40 to 35, and in the ITY I don't think the changes were necessary and I ended up taking it in a smidge around the waist.  I also changed the skirt pieces so that the front is one piece and the back is one piece.  For my next rendition, I probably will change the back bodice piece to be one piece, too.

Anyway, I really love this dress and I'm thinking that I'm going to be making a handful and wearing it all summer long.

4 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous. Hard to see in those pics but the fabric looks fantastic. I know you are tired but when you are next wearing the dress you will live in it would be great to see closer pictures. From what I can see it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post better pictures when I get a chance.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I hope you get a chance for closer pics, this fabric looks utterly delicious! I'm so glad you like her. Looks like you got a fantastic fit, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My next five entries are also Tiramisu pics. http://quitereasonable.blogspot.com/2013/05/tiramisu-version-2-more-info.html has more pictures of this dress.
      http://quitereasonable.blogspot.com/2013/05/tiramisu-version-5-rorschach-version.html has a another really nice version that I think you'll like.

      Delete