Saturday, May 25, 2013

Strawberry Bleu Cheese Salad

I'm having one of my 3 favorite salads for lunch.  This is the one I have least often and I'm not really sure why.  It's probably because I don't eat bleu cheese in anything else so I rarely have it on hand.  



Here is the recipe that I usually use, but today I only used spinach for the greens and I used toasted walnuts instead of pecans:

2 cups of Baby spring mix (I use anything without arugula)
1/4 cup sliced strawberries
10 toasted pecan halves or smaller
3 ounces of chicken (I just buy a deli rotisserie chicken)
4 cherry tomatoes (the ones in the picture are from our garden)
sprinkle of crumbled bleu cheese

Adjust amounts to taste. Throw them all together. Serve with raspberry vinagrette or a balsamic dressing. I've been using Newman's Own Light Raspberry Walnut. I had a version at a restaurant with the chicken being a chicken breast marinated in a sweet balsamic dressing and it also had french fried onions and grated carrot.  To toast the nuts, I just throw a cup or so of the nuts into a frying pan that was preheated for a couple of minutes, stir and leave for a couple of more, then remove from heat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment