Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tiramisu - Version 8

I've had this version cut out for as long as the last 3 versions, but I just finished it last night.  I've also been wearing all day so unlike the others that I've posted, this one has been through a bunch (including feeding and bathing three little girls).

I couldn't take these inside because the girls (and Q) have their stuff all over the living room so I dragged the camera outside.  For my other pictures, I focus on the vacuum cleaner and then stand where the vacuum cleaner was.  For these I sort of had to guess where the focus was.  I'm sure the neighbors thought that I was weird for taking pictures and running back and forth to my camera for the different angles.
 
This fabric is another from Austin TexStyles.  The next time I go to Austin, I'm going to be looking for fabrics just to make more versions of the Tira.  I've been wearing them almost non-stop since I started pumping them out.

Here in San Antonio, we are having a lot of rain.  Yesterday, we got over 10 inches of rain and there are flash flooding warnings until at least 6 pm today, including some evacuations of homes along the various rivers.  Because of this I haven't left the house other than to get milk and bananas.  It has resulted in my being inspired to start a quilt and trace some work out clothes patterns (Jalie) so I might have something other than Tiras to post soon.


9 comments:

  1. Another great version. You have got this down pat. Looking forward to seeing your Jalie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I also couldn't believe how quickly I can do these now. This one was sewn in around 45 minutes (though the girls were in bed and I didn't have to change the color of thread in either the sewing machine or the serger and I already had the fabric cut out). I'm done with them for now, but I have three more in my head that eventually I want to make. One is with a black stretch lace I have that I figure I can layer with a solid knit. The second would be a solid but I want to put a loose ruffle around the neckline and the hem. The third would be out of a sweater knit because I get cold at anything below 74F/23C.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this review. That dress is delicious! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very cheap and I fairly sure that this was the first time that I paid so much for a pattern, but considering how much I've used it already, I think it's a pure win. It's so fast to make, especially after you've made a few, that I'm thinking I might make my mom a few more versions actually in her size instead of mine. My point is that you should get it. My mom is much thinner and taller than me (four inches taller, 40 pounds lighter, D cup instead of DDD) and the size I made for myself fits her pretty well, so it's a great dress for size fluctuations.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this review. That dress is delicious! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Let me know when you've made more than me (16). I'm so glad you love her, she's a really hard working little dress pattern.

    Your fit is so nice, too, in that nice paisley print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know. I have a bunch more that I want to make and I gave two away already, so I already have room.

      Delete
  5. i love this pattern and have owned it for a while trying to decide on the fabric i want to use for a 'wearable muslin'. the piece of fabric a like the best, though, is NOT a knit. have you tried the pattern in a woven and what adjustments have you had to make? i'm already thinking i have to add a zipper in the side seam or create a useable center back seam to insert the zipper there. and add inches to the pattern pieces .....? maybe not a good idea after all. any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I would need to alter it at all for a woven, but that is because I don't really do negative ease and made my versions with plenty of ease. If I had stuck to the size I originally made from the pattern (see version 1), I likely would just add some ease to the waist and a center back zipper.

      Delete