Monday, May 27, 2013

Remakes into Jalie 2796

I went to put away laundry and found a couple of dresses that were damaged and since I had the pattern for the Jalie shorts on my kitchen counter I took some time to turn them into shorts for the girls.

The dresses.  You can see the damage letting your daughters play with permanent markers does.

And the final shorts. I just cut the neckline from the dress front and back and just used that for the shorts band.  I wanted to use the flower, but it was too big to fit anywhere.  For the striped dress, I placed the bottom of the shorts just above the ruffle.  I know the nerdlet will like the purple version.  I'm not sure about the bottom version, but I figure no one will see them under dresses and they are sort of cute in a bizarre kind of way so one of the girls might take to them.
 

And just because I think it's interesting, the size 2 pattern piece on top of the size 14 (before alteration).





6 comments:

  1. These are such sweet little clothes! It is fun to make things for our daughters, isn't it? I love doing that too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's especially nice because my nerdlet is always so appreciative.

      Delete
  2. Woww! It is a good way to save money. Very cute shorts! I got a sewing machine, but I don't know hoe to use it. But I am planing to take a class over the summer. I have also a project to create rock pillows for my little boy who it is obsess with rocks. I already got the fabric that have a stonehenge pattern. Here is where I got the idea of rock pillows: http://livingstonespillows.com/.

    Any suggestion on how to do oval stone pillows, I am more than welcome to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stone pillows there are done with wool felting and that is why they are seamless. For stone pillows you could draw two ovals and sew them together, or you could make a sort of triangle organic shape, cut two of them and sew the two together with a strip the length of the circumference that varies a little in width along the length, leaving an opening to stuff and hand sewing it closed. Does that make sense? I think I could do a post on that pretty easily if I need to.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! They turned out lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate throwing clothes away. Most of their clothes are donated, but occasionally they are stained beyond repair or ripped and I feel the need to turn them into something else.

      Delete